Search This Blog

Tuesday 11 August 2015

HUGE Jellyfish found at Harbour


HUGE Jellyfish found at Harbour

Recently, I took a holiday to Devon (yes it was nice, thank you for asking).

We decided to go crab fishing, on a Jetty, coming out from a harbour, just a typical thing you do on a British holiday, expecting nothing more than some mucky crabs, maybe a few prawns, if we were feeling lucky.

After I'd caught nothing (I lost my hook, ok?) and picked a few of the hundred-odd crabs the people next to us had caught, utter mick-take, I wandered down to the sand bit, where boats sat out of the water (yeah, I don't know what it's called), and there it was, partially underneath a boat.


One witness said: "I've lived in Teignmouth my entire life. I've seen hundreds of Jellyfish swim through this lake many, many times. Never have I seen one even half the size of this. I'm amazed"

Well, I am too. 

Now, let's put this into perspective for you. Here's my size 6 foot next to it.


We also have to remember that part of the Jellyfish is covered by the boat, so there's probably a tad more to it.

The Jellyfish was spotted at Quayside Harbour in Devon.

No comments:

Post a Comment