Search This Blog

Monday 22 June 2015

B*tch I'm MAD-onna Review



B*tch I'm MAD-onna



Recently, Madonna dropped the music video for her new song, "B*tch I'm Madonna". To describe it in one word, I'd have to go with catastrophe. Complete and utter catastrophe. Catastrophe with a capital C.

Why?

Take a look for yourself:



Come on Madonna. I thought you were better than that.

Let's start off with the meaning behind the song. As you can see, Madonna is shown wearing a leopard print dress throughout the video, along with pink dip dyed hair. As well as this, she also appears to be singing at a slightly higher register than she normally would. She's trying to tell us, that although she is old, (56, although she looks 20) she's still young at heart.

But, to be frank, there's surely about a million better ways of showing this.

At the beginning of the video, I thought the local ballet club had hijacked the video, as all that's seen is 4 little girls, and an incredibly fast set of guitar chords, however the camera then pans, and we see Madonna, exercising (?)

Can we please discuss the 2 girls in a bath, dancing like robots to a dubstep breakdown, with duct tape on their nipples? I don't think that can scream "attention seeking" any louder, do you?

Now, in the middle of the video, Madonna, being as unpredictable as she is, sprung some guest appearances on us, such as Miley Cyrus, Queen Beyonce, Rita Ora, and Katie Perry, as well as a rap by Nicki Minaj, which we all knew was coming, considering the song is "B*tch I'm Madonna FT Nicki Minaj"

Anyway, Nicki, perfected the rap, bringing back her iconic pink hair too.

I had to look down, and make sure my zip hadn't broken at the end of the song, as it seems as if they've used one as an instrument for the last verse, pointless, I know.

Overall, before this video, I actually had some respect for Madonna as an artist, but unfortunately she's gone down the route of attention seeking, rather than actually putting out good quality music/videos.

I see this as very weak competition to Taylor Swift's "Bad Blood" video, which also features many special appearances


Which do you prefer?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment